There will be 5 Aid Stations on the route that will have hydration, nutrition, facilities and mechanical support
- Bergen Park
- Echo Lake
- Berthoud Pass
There will be SAG (Support & Gear) Wagons on the road to provide additional support during the ride.
Rules of the Road
The Colorado Park 2 Park Challenge is held on open roads and is a Rules of the Road ride. You are responsible to follow the rules of the road. The only time you do not need to stop at a stop sign or red light is if a police officer or Colorado State Patrol wave you through. If the Colorado Park 2 Park receives reports of risky behavior we will seek out the cyclist and remove them from the remainder of the ride.
- Bicyclists have all the rights and duties applicable to the driver of any other vehicle and can be penalized for violating traffic laws.
- Obey traffic laws, signs and signals
- Ride in the right lane, except when passing another vehicle, preparing for a left turn or avoiding hazards
- Ride on paved shoulders and bike lanes when present and free of hazards
- Ride on the right, never ride against traffic
- Ride no more than two abreast, returning to single-file if riding two abreast would impede the flow of traffic
- On curving canyon roads without bike lanes or shoulders, play it safe and ride single file
- Use hand signals to indicate right or left turns, slowing or stopping
- Act like a vehicle on the roads — bicycles have the same rights and responsibilities
- Never assume motorists see you or that you have the right-of-way
- Wear appropriate gear to protect yourself: glasses and gloves
- Helmets are required
- Expect the unexpected; your first responsibility is to be safe