You have taken the challenge to ride from City Park to Winter Park, now take the challenge to raise money to help Wish for Wheels. You are not required to raise funds to participate in this ride, but we encourage you to do so. With your fundraising efforts, Wish for Wheels will bring kindergarten-age through 2nd grade kids in the Metro Denver area a brand new bicycle and helmet. Thanks to your efforts these kids will be full of exercise, fresh air and the stuff that makes up lifelong memories. Thanks to your efforts these kids will have a new way to get to school. Take the fundraising challenge and brighten the life of a child.
- Set up a Fundraising Page on ColoradoGives
- If you do not have a ColoradoGives account, you will need to set up a New Account
- Once you have logged in, search for Wish for Wheels and click “Fundraise”
- Set up a fundraising page
- Send out an email to your friends, family, colleagues and ask them to donate to this worthy cause
- Start Early: The sooner you start fundraising the more money you can raise
- Set a Goal: Make it challenging but attainable
- Prepare a list: Contact everyone you know, you will be surprised who gives
- Customize your emails: Include a personal story, why you are raising money, why it’s important to you and where the money goes
- Create a schedule & Stick to it: Set a calendar to send your announcement email, your solicitation email, your reminder email and your last chance to give email
- Ask, ask, ask: Don’t hesitate to ask folks because people won’t give unless they are given the opportunity
- Customize your personal fundraising page: Include a personal story about why you are participating and add photos/videos. How about a photo of you with your first bike?
- Add social media to the mix: Keep folks updated on social media, include a link to your fundraising page
- Get creative: Add a link to your email signature, give out piggy banks to family and friends to collect their change, throw a party
- Raise $100 and receive a Finishline Bike Care Value Pack
- Raise $250 and recieve Finishline Bike Care Value Pack and Wish for Wheels socks
- Raise $500 and receive Wish for Wheels Socks & a Finishline Pro Care Bucket
- Raise $1000 and receive Finishline Pro Care Bucket & a Wish for Wheels Jersey
- Raise $1500 and receive Finishline Pro Care Bucket & a Wish for Wheels Bib Short
- Raise $2000 and receive Finishline Pro Care Bucket & Wish for Wheels Kit (Jersey and Bib Shorts)
Watch this video, it will tell you why fundraising for Wish for Wheels is a good thing to do!